The Institution has established a Women Empowerment Cell in the campus for the women staff and students in order to understand their issues and to make the college campus a safe place for them. With an aim of creating awareness of their rights and duties the cell organizes and participates in seminars and discusses about women’s issues and problems. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves.
Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programs, life style training programs, entrepreneur training and other welfare activities.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of women students and staff
- To promote intellectual and cultural activities for overall personality development of student
- To develop critical thinking ability of women students such that it enhances decision-making ability
- To enhance women to make informed choices in areas like education, employment and health especially reproductive health
- To enhance their participation on an equal footing in all areas